Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Summer Institute?
Who should attend?
What is the cancellation policy?
What are the other logistics?
We suggest you arrive at least 15-20 minutes early to find parking and go through the registration line. If you are parking in the OSU lot please be sure to get a parking pass. There is a fee. However, free parking is available on the street all around campus. You may want to bring snacks, water and course materials such as pens, pencils and notebook paper. We are not providing snacks this year.
We hope to continue to offer this event free of charge so we ask your help in keeping the facility clean. Please remember that the school is donating this facility, food, and staff time to help us with the event. If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to Mandy Stanley at the conference or email her at email@example.com.
Is lunch provided?
How do I obtain western oregon university Continuing Education Units?
- Please ask your instructor for the CRN and course name/number
- Once you have this information, download the registration form.
- Complete and email the form as an attachment (preferred) at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 503.838.8228.
- Once they receive it you will receive a google form through email this will contain your account information, how to access it, and how to make a payment.
- Please let your instructor know that you are signing up for credit include the type of credit (graduate or undergraduate). Your instructor will then submit your grade to ODE who will submit it to WOU.
*There is a registration fee of $60 per credit for all Credit Overlay courses.
How are the days structured?
Courses run as two-day or three-day course option to a four-day course option.
How do I request accommodations for a disability or need?
In advance of College events, persons needing accommodation or transportation because of a physical or mobility disability, contact Joe Viola at 541.383.7775.
For accommodation because of other disability such as hearing impairment, contact Disability Services at 541.383.7583.
Please also contact Mandy Stanley at email@example.com.
How do I get a certificate of attendance?
- Attend the entire event (or adjustments will be made to their time by the instructor)
- Sign-in everyday for attendance records
- Complete an evaluation for feedback
- Upon course completion, your instructor will award certificates of attendance. All certificates
will have Oregon Registry Online credit. For questions about certificates and continuing
education credits, contact Mandy Stanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I get a copy of the slides or other materials?
Who should I address questions or concerns with at the Summer Institute?
How do I provide feedback to help with future Summer Institutes?
How do I get more information about next year’s Summer Institute?
We will see you in Southern Oregon for the 2021 Summer Institute! Watch for save the date information in the fall or contact your sponsoring organizations (Early Learning Division, Oregon Health Authority, Office of Student Services, Oregon Department of Education).